Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Inspiration Day: Holy Jackson Hole!

I've always wanted to go to Jackson Hole. I hear it's a gorgeous place with beautiful snow-capped mountains and clear blue skies. The Grand Tetons are one of the most photographed mountains in the US and were considered part of the gateway to the West.
{The top pic is a famous Ansel Adams print. Courtesy of nps.gov. The bottom picture is from shelamulican.com}


It's the kind of place I'd want to pull a City Slickers and get all countrified for a dude ranch "experience" or go there in the spring to frolic around in all the wildflowers (though I don't think you can really do that since it's protected land, but I can dream, right?)  I'm not sure when I decided that I needed to put this majestic place on my bucket list, or when I'll actually make it there, but since I already experienced the Grand Canyon, and saw the gorgeous Redwood Forests, it seems Jackson Hole would naturally be my next go-to place to visit.

Luckily for me a client of ours is getting married in Jackson Hole this coming August and her wedding theme is all about the great West. We had blogged about Heather's Save the Dates before, but our designs never came to fruition because Hurricane Irene swept through the Caribbean and the bride and groom decided to change their destination to a more meaningful place where they got engaged - enter Jackson Hole. So, playing off of her color palette of blues, whites and reds, and using classic Americana fabrics Jen and I were able to create some lovely ideas for the new Save The Dates.

Obviously we aren't going to show you our ideas JUST yet, but here are some inspirational looks we used to help us create our look for the Save the Date.
 {I don't know why that girl on the right looks so angry. Photo courtesy of refinery29.com}


{Ooh la la, chambray. Photo courtesy of refinery29.com}


 {Classic Americana looks - Denim, cowboy boots and rodeos. Photos from abfits.com & etsy.com}

{Blue & Red Gingham on the left. Classic dark denim on the right.}
{Our color scheme}


We're sent the designs to our client today, so hopefully we'll be able to show you the chosen Save The Date when we finish the design. In the meantime, we have been busy bees working on lots of other custom work, so we should be posting those soon. Keep your eyes peeled!



No comments:

Post a Comment