Thursday, April 22, 2010

Cute Cupcake Flags

So I promised I would post about the cute little flags that I created for my wedding cupcakes. It really didn't take very long to make them. It's more of an assembly line process where I turn on the travel channel or food network and just veg out in front of the tv while my hands start cutting and my mind turns off. Jen had given me some spare paper to use, so all I really had to buy was the lollipop sticks for the posts of the flags. (You can find these at any party store, such as Party City or any kind of home goods store.) I improvised as I started working on the flags and this little design was created. Here is the step by step process:

1. This is the green paper Jen gave me. I'm sure you can find paper at any art store. Just make sure it's thick enough so the flags stick straight out from the lollipop stick. We don't want floppy flags for this project.

2. Cut the paper in 1" strips


3. Once the strips are cut, fold over 1" increments in the strips and then cut.


4. You should end up with 2" strips that are folded in half.


5. Once you have your little "flags" cut triangles into the open flap of the flag. You don't have to do this step. I just thought it made the flags more unique.


6. Next take the lollipop stick and place in the fold of the flag. Put double stick tape on the lollipop stick and on one side of the flap.


7. Fold over the paper and press firmly so the tape adheres to the each side.

Final result: cute little flags for your cupcakes!


No comments:

Post a Comment