Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Anthropologie + Hatch Show Print = Amazing


Usually I hate getting junk mail...unless it's a magazine I subscribe to, a catalog to a store I love, but shouldn't even bother looking at their wares, or some kind of random windfall that has a nice fat check in the envelope. (Who am I kidding? A check for $5.95 was mailed to me recently for my mail-order contacts and I was excited). This past week I was doubly surprised when I received the new Anthropologie catalog. Let me tell you a little about my obsession with Anthropologie. I LOVE THIS STORE. Everything about it is beautiful. I love their clothes, their housewares, the smell of the store when you walk in, and especially the artful displays they have within windows and the different sections of the store. Their catalogs also amaze me. They aren't just a bunch of pictures lined up in a grid to sell clothes. Their catalogs are works of art. Seriously. I actually keep their catalogs for inspiration. Now, I know many of you probably think I'm a bit nuts, but I you have to admit this store is beyond beautiful. Needless to say, when I reached into my mailbox on Monday and got their new catalog, I was ecstatic to see they combined forces with Hatch Show Print (one of my favorite printing places of all time) to create the ultimate un-catalog. Not only are the photographs of the clothing beautiful, but everything about this piece of work is hand-crafted to perfection. Take a look at the cover, the headers and even the page numbers. All lovingly done by Hatch Show. Hope you enjoy these pictures as much as I do.

-LG

No comments:

Post a Comment