Friday, September 23, 2011

Farewell Paperie goes George & Weezie

In almost three years of Farewell's existence, we've had the pleasure of calling no less than 8 places home. We've made viable studios out of everything from our old ad agency, three of my living rooms, two of Lisa's, my sister's garage, a community studio in SF, and countless coffee shops. The paper magic has happened all across this fair land.

We've even had our make it work moments across the Bay Bridge:
Hi, Lisa!
These days, most of our production and orders are done out of a rapidly growing "work nook" of my living room. What was once a quaint, cozy cocoon of productivity has mutated into a ghastly beast, spewing paper and envelopes at will and taking over my little one bedroom apt. I'm embarrassed to even show you guys these, but here goes nothing. 
(Mom, look away.)

There is order in the chaos, I swear. 
My desk. Where I sit with my legs crossed and up on the chair.
Because there's no where else to put them.
The piles that get moved back and forth depending on what cabinet needs to be opened at that moment.

Even the ironing board isn't safe from the Paperie Monster. 
So, you must be wondering, why would I be crazy enough to show you people how this messy stationer lives? It's to show you just how absolutely amazing this absolutely amazing announcement is for us...

FAREWELL PAPERIE IS MOVIN' ON UP!
INTO A REAL STUDIO SPACE! 
We're sharing the space with 2 other letterpress printers. The 1,500 square foot loft space lives within a tri-space of 2 other studios, inhabited by some really amazing artists, photographers, and designers. I just found out the building was once the Best Food Mayonnaise warehouse, which is great bc I love me some mayo. 
Here's the tour:
Welcome to the tri-space. Won't you come in?
That's us. #308. 
The common area for all the artists.
Through the common area and inside our actual studio.
Come Monday, our press will live where those chairs are. 
The other part of our part. 
The light! Oh, the glorious light. 


So that's it. Studio, sweet studio. What do you guys think? We'll be sure to post before and afters once we get everything all gussied up.

And, I'm taking suggestions for how to reinvent the nook in our apartment. Andy wants to buy more bikes and put them there. This will likely not happen.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

} jp-c

No comments:

Post a Comment