Friday, May 6, 2011

Font of the Week: Aphrodite

While Jen has been enjoying the sun and surf in Costa Rica this week I found myself aimlessly wondering around the internet and getting caught up (or caught in) the many blogs that I have been neglecting this past month. Today, I opened my inbox and found an email about "Top Headlines in Design". I clicked on it hoping to get some words of wisdom to jump-start my creative juices. Not really finding the inspiration I was looking for, I noticed a link that directed me to new Wordpress themes, which led to google webfonts, which led to myfonts.com, which led to.... well you get the picture. Two hours later and multiple rabbit holes of links, I ended up getting sucked into endless pages of font eye candy. Some may say this is a waste of time, but as a designer it's pure bliss.

So, I figured I'd share the wealth and direct you to the new font I just downloaded. (Sidenote: I'm truly my father's daughter and tend to bargain shop, even when it comes to fonts, so I hit the freebies and sales first.) Low and behold my cheapness paid off and I found this diamond in the rough on the sale page. This striking font is called Aphrodite. Jen and I both love • love • love swirly opulent fonts that are classy, but not too stuffy or cutesy.


You can find it on myfonts.com and it's only $12.00! (My dad would be so proud.) There are tons of other free fonts on the same site and many of them have a combo deals for text & web fonts. They update the sales pretty regularly, so keep an eye out for our new favorite font next week.

~LGT

No comments:

Post a Comment