Monday, December 20, 2010

Silhouettes Part II

As promised, here is the silhouette project I created for our living room walls. It's a bit different from Molly's design, where she spray-painted the silhouettes onto canvas, I actually used cut paper to create the profiles. I wanted a nice accent piece to compliment the colors of the living room. Right now the colors are a mish-mash of yellows and greens:


Here is a good representation of the pillows in the room.

(Sorry I don't have a very good picture of the actual living room right now, but here is some of the decor.)


I originally thought I wanted to use 3 different colors with 3 different patterned papers. Here were some of the options that didn't make the cut, but nonetheless, they are still are very pretty.

I finally chose 1 pattern and 1 color. Here was the final result:

In case you, do-it-your-selfers, wanted to know, I basically did the same thing as molly. I took side profile pictures of the "fam" then outlined them in illustrator. (You don't need to do that, but I did). Then I cut out the profiles w/an exacto knife. Once I created that template, I outlined the patterned paper with our silhouette and followed the same steps as listed above. I then slapped some black paper behind the patterned paper and, wholah, the project was complete.




You can find all the paper samples listed above at either Paper Source or Sam Flax. It seems Paper Source has a wider variety of colors and patterns, but Sam Flax is a bit cheaper. Either way, you're bound to find some yummy paper goodness between the 2 stores.

Thanks again, Molly, for your inspiration!

1 comment: