Monday, November 8, 2010

Inspiration Monday: crochet flowers

My sister is an avid knitter. She can be seen with knitting needles and yarn just about anywhere. A perfect example is this picture of her watching the Steelers game at a bar near my house. (Yes, she's drinking beer and knitting.)

So when we were concepting designs a while back, we thought it would be interesting to add something a little more tactile to our cards. We had seen crocheted flowers on clothes, bags, scarves and other items...








But we have never seen a really cute, simple card with a crocheted flower on it. So, here are the cards we created! We letterpressed each card then took the flowers my sister was kind enough to mail to us and hand- stitched the flowers to each one.







Eventually Jen and I need to learn to crochet. (For those of you who would like to learn how to crochet a flower, here is a really helpful link I found). My sister was kind enough to supply the flowers for this batch of cards, but I'm not sure she'll be so willing for the next time, especially since our phone conversation went something like this:

"Can you crochet some flowers for our new letterpress cards?"
"Sure."
"Can you crochet, like, 100 for us by this weekend?"(I had called her that Tuesday night.)

I should probably send her a thank you card...

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the flower scarf that you are showing a picture of. I have searched for it to no avail. Is there any chance you can share where the picture came from so that I may track down the pattern?
    Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete