Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wishful Singing

So sometimes while we're working away, Lisa and I like to turn up the music and pretend we're a couple of rockstars. Super hot chicks who can sing and tie a mean ribbon at the same time. Depending on our mood, the tunes we croon to range from the likes of Pat B. to Ella Fitz to, well, yes, Extreme's "More Than Words." Don't judge, it's a diddy very close to our hearts.

Well today's morning stroll down the online video trail of FaceSpace led me to Lisa Hannigan's video for "I Don't Know." It was as if I were looking into a mirror. Hot chick singing while making pretty paper thingies. Ok, so maybe Lisa's and my voices don't quite have the same pixie dust effect of Ms. Hannigan's. Nor would we ever sport a red felt bowler hat. But if Farewell Paperie were to ever become a famous Irish folk singer/songwriter duo, this is what I imagine our video would be like.


I'd give anything to cut paper like that.


} jp-c

No comments:

Post a Comment